Get in on the Cargo Bike action


My bike is in the shop today, so I borrowed this bucket bike and rode my daughter to school this morning.  It's a loner that is being used by my neighbor until she gets her new xtra-cycle edgerunner.   The owners are in no rush to have it back and we are delighted to use it until we get our bikes back.  I love the idea of having a loner bike that travels from family to family so everyone can get in on the cargo bike action.  This was my first time riding another cargo bike and I felt powerful and free.  It was like riding a new bike all over again.  What a fun way to feel strong, a bit awkward, and sometimes silly all at the same time!  If you are curious how I ever got into biking with my kids, feel free to read my recent article at ParentMap and get in touch with me to test ride a cargo bike!

photo by Joseph Laubach 

Here were are in a recent Kidical Mass Ride to fall colors in the Arboretum.  Check out Madi's list of all the bike types that she detailed in her post of our six mile adventure.

  • regular adult bikes
  • regular bikes with front seats (Bobike mini, iBert)
  • regular bikes with rear seats
  • regular bike with Weehoo iGo trailer bike
  • regular bike with trailer
  • Surly Big Dummy lontail cargo bikes
  • Kona Ute longtail cargo bike
  • Cargo Joe folding longtail cargo bike
  • Yuba Boda Boda midtail cargo bike
  • Madsen bucket bike
  • Bilenky Viewpoint tandem with just one parent this time and kid in rear seat
  • four kids on their own bikes

No comments:

Post a Comment