they just want their Mama

You will never be this loved again.  So on those days when you are feeling stressed out, touched out, and depleted, just remember that you will never be this loved again.  One day you will long for their affection.  So choose a soft voice, choose gentle hands, choose love. - AK


I love this quote because there are so many days like this.  I just want to push them away and say "No!  Leave me alone!" but it's not long before they return to my lap with all they know, they just want their Mama.  Their touch and smell often shock me back into the moment of how much I will miss them when they are gone.  With both hands, I can usually dive into the demands and pressures of mothering but one winter, I could not.  I continue to dig through this complex experience of mothering through writing.  In my latest article, I mention my dreams for the kind of family I wanted and start to describe what it felt like when I fell apart.

Shadow Selfies: Exploring the Isolation of Mothering 

This month, use abundant sunshine to take selfies with shadows. Say something about your relationships with posture.
  1. Using the textures and patterns of your life as a background, strike a pose that expresses you in bold or delicate ways.
  2. In 2007, thousands of hidden images were discovered by an unknown female street photographer/nanny. Check out the amazing film Finding Vivian Meier to appreciate endless beautiful images and an engaging story about her life.
  3. Try the free frames and effects at befunky or my favorite, the old Polaroid frame at picmonkey.
  4. Remember to attempt to copy what you love and give credit to those who’ve inspired you.
  5. Hashtag your Instagram photos #parentmapselfies, @parentmap so we see your creative images of parenting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment